RFI

Re: [RFI] LED recessed lighting

To: 'David Hale' <astronomerdave@gmail.com>, "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED recessed lighting
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 16:27:28 +0000
David,

When we had kitchen remodeled couple years ago, they installed 4 "LED
Ultra-Thin Wafer" by Lithonia Lighting (p/n 264T3R).  These are also called
"hocky puck" lights.

They made S9++ noise at 10 to 20ft on most of the HF bands peaking on 10 MHz.

I had them removed and replaced with an ordinary large "Can" mount to allow use
of either incandescent or LED bulbs either standard or flood lights sizes and
ad room for a ferrite core if needed (they weren't).  I found so GE LED 6 inch
flood lamp R40 sized Reveal HD 13watt light bulbs that are quiet and long
lasting.

73, de ed -K0iL