RFI

[RFI] RFI from solar fields.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI from solar fields.
From: "Kim Herron" <w8zv@goldenradioservice.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 21:46:25 -0400
I've been following this with obvious interest.  Just a point in passing.
I've been contacted by at least two (possibly three) different solar
companies about installing solar panels here at my QTH.  My reply
has been "please supply me with engineering data and RFI reports
that show that your equipment complies with Part 15 of FCC regs.
ONCE I had a supposed system engineer contact me to discuss
this further.  He didn't have the faintest clue as to what I was talking
about and was certain that what I was concerned about didn't apply
to what they were building.  We had a rather involved discussion about
RFI, inverters and associated equipment.  He assured me that he'd
get the info that I wanted and get back to me about a solar field.
That was nearly two years ago.  Nary a peep from them.  I'm convinced
that they are very aware of their negligence, and that their products are
in violation of Part 15 and they just don't care.  If I'm wrong or need more
info, please educate me.  I don't claim to be an expert, just that I want
NO MORE NOISE here.  The BPL interference and line noise due to poor
maintenance from Consumers Energy here in MI is more than enough to deal with.

I've got info to pass on about LED lights and sellers of those, but that's a
different
subject for a different thread.

Kim Herron  W8ZV
w8zv@goldenradioservice.com