RFI

[RFI] solar installs

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] solar installs
From: "William Kim ." <wg8s@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 18:08:13 +0000
Been following this solar thread of the past few days, I will note a few
things.  We may think some things are obvious, but I have my doubts.

Solar installs.

What installation instructions do they have?  What specs for doing the actual
installation?  Not to knock the League or anyone else, but it comes across as
though the installers do not have the instructions, specs, and/or drawings to
go by.  If they do, they are woefully ignoring them, maybe for the money.  It
can take money to do it right.

So, where's the "breakdown"?  Adequate specs, drawings, and instructions?
Adequate inspection?  Both?

Besides the necessary drawings and instructions, inspections should be needed
along the way, not just at the end.

Are contractors bidding, hoping to cut corners?

Yes, all these things happen during these projects.  It's a shame these things
do occur, then we have to put up with the "junk".

Anyway, just wondering about it all.

73, Kim - WG8S