[RTTY] WF1B "retirement"

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WF1B "retirement"
From: wf1b@wf1b.com (Ray Ortgiesen WF1B)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:59:23 -0400
Hi Guys/Gals,

As you may have noticed, I've been real quiet lately.  Well,  my business
is doing real well (that's the business from where I support my
family).  I've decided that it is time, after 12 years, of discontinuing
the wf1b reflector.  I am deeply saddened that I've reached this decision,
but feel it is what must be done.

Trey has graciously offered to host a new reflector, IN PLACE OF, and not,
IN ADDITION TO, the wf1b-rtty list.  This list, WF1B-RTTY, will be shut off
very soon.  There will be a small www site, for continued downloading of
the program.  The address will be announced at a later time.

I wish to thank everyone who has purchased software from me over the years,
it has been a genuine pleasure working with you to create a fine software
program.  I wish to thank HAL communications especially, they have been a
great help to me, from the very beginning so many years ago, when I first
called Bill Henry, and explained what I was up to, he sent equipment my
way, he and his company are fine folks.  Thank you Bill and crew.

There are so many people I want to thank, now I'm wary of starting to list
any, for fear I will forget someone.  But, I'll list a few ... Eddie, Ron,
Glenn, Trey, Tyler, Rick, Dick, Dale, Jim, Peter, Bill, Joe, Jodie, Ron
.......... the list is so long.... I can't remember all the names right
now.  Some of you have had my software since version 1! That was 1989...
imagine that.  Back then a 4MHz 8086 was still a decent machine. Times have
changed.

So in parting, the old wf1b-rtty list is no longer known as the wf1b rtty
list, but simply the rtty reflector.  Collectively, "you" are a very
knowledgeable and talented group, continue to share support and rtty knowledge.

Best wishes to all of you in your future contest events.  Your friend,

diddles,

Ray

(This message was sent to rtty@contesting.com, you may have received a copy
of this via the old wf1b-rtty list.  Again, the wf1b-rtty list will be shut
down very soon.)

--
Ray Ortgiesen, WF1B
wf1b@home.com