[RTTY] WF1B "retirement"

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WF1B "retirement"
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
 > So in parting, the old wf1b-rtty list is no longer known as the
 > wf1b rtty list, but simply the rtty reflector.  Collectively, "you"
 > are a very knowledgeable and talented group, continue to share
 > support and rtty knowledge.

Firstly I would like to thank WF1B, W6OTC, AD1C and the rest for their
nice comments during the process of QSYing Ray's mailing list to the
new QTH and to give everyone a status report.

It appears that in the process of bringing up the message archiver
this morning I unwittingly stuffed things up.  Then moments ago I
accidentally fixed the problem when I got the message archiver
working, so it looks like we are now QRV.  Suchadeal.

Seeing as how the new rtty@contesting.com list is a *replacement* for
an existing mailing list that was about to go QRT at any moment, I
gratuitously added all of Ray's subscribers when I set it up.
Generally speaking setting up mailing lists this way (on an "opt-out"
basis) is considered to be in poor taste, but in this case I judged it
to be the correct course of action and acted accordingly.

I regret any inconvenience this may have caused.  Please note that
*every single message* generated by this mailing list includes a
header line that explains how to unsbuscribe (opt out):