[RTTY] NAQP spotting allowed?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP spotting allowed?
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:28:27 -0500
> If you're you're not submitting a score, then you don't have to play by the
> rules!  I hope you will get on and work a few of us!
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

This is absolutely true.  When getting the BIG DOGS team
together, I asked one operator that said he wanted to use his
amp so therefore did not want to participate on the team since
he wasn't going to submit a score, just play.  This is fine.

Personally, I'd like to see everyone participate and have fun.
If you don't want to play by the rules, just don't submit a score
like Jim says.  It's that simple.

RTTY contests are no fun without participants.  But if the rules
cause you NOT to have fun then it's better you don't operate.

Personally, I didn't like the rule eliminating external amplifiers,
but then I realized the power limit is only 100 watts.  I wouldn't
use an external amplifier in this contest anyway, but some operators
don't feel safe running their radios at 100 watts on RTTY and
I don't blame them for not liking the rule.  When the limit is set
at 150 watts for a Low Power category, I almost always use an
amp.  Why put wear and tear on your exciter?

I certainly would encourage everyone to operate regardless of
whether they plan on submitting a score or not.  Have fun.  If you
can't have fun, go fishing this weekend.

73, Don "Swamp Dog" AA5AU