[RTTY] Question for the Experts

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question for the Experts
From: mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com (Mobile Workshop)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:01:45 +0100
Hi to Doug ("more than just curious" - now wouldn't THAT be good in the
FRIEND.INI file???) and the group........

For what it is worth, I often use Alt-F7 (in WF1B) to alter the exchange on
the fly, depending on conditions.
I too got asked for repeats from time to time, and then changed my report to
500-001-001-001.
That third report can often make the difference, as I often got 599-001-002,
and you then wonder which is correct!

I don't know if WL supports changing on the fly, (I guess so), but I usually
change according to needs and conditions. I did note that there were a lot
of:
599/001
599/001
which made it a bit more difficult on occasions, as when asked for a repeat,
they simply sent the same exchange several times. I have Shift-F2 set to
send <call> UR 001-001-001-001-001-001 QSL BK, which is (I think) better.

If you remove the dash, then it often comes up as TOOAPPQAPPQ where the A is
the more often received character, but it could be anything.

I guess it comes down to whether you feel comfortable in editing the files
to reflect the conditions.

73 for now,
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please delete it from your system. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Guernsey Telecoms