[RTTY] Question for the Experts

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question for the Experts
From: dmcduff@gate.net (W4OX, Doug McDuff)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:19:26 -0400
Ok, now that SARTG is behind us I have a question for the experts.

Perhaps it was due to this past weekend's propagation, and perhaps due to
the fact that I had to operate on the "B" antennas due to a lightning
strike, but I had more than the usual number of requests for repeat of the
serial number.

To date, I have always sent my report as, for example,
599-001-001.  However, I now wonder if it would have been better to have
eliminated the dashes and sent 599 001 001 instead.  I saw it done both
ways, so call me more than just curious.

What say the venerable ones?

TIA & 73, Doug W4OX