[RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Turner <w7ti@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Changing the subject slightly, wouldn't it be a good idea to eliminate
> the RST from contests?  Not just SCC, but all of them.  Either that, or
> require a true RST report?

This comes up on the cq-contest reflector from time to time.  One way to think
of it is that the RST is in effect a start pulse, saying "contest exchange is
coming next".  It really helps a lot in CW and SSB contests, especially under
marginal conditions, but maybe not as much in RTTY contests.

I vote for keeping the RST, meaningful or not.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com