[RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule
From: vk4cej@hamsnet.net (John)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:01:48 +1000
> I vote for keeping the RST, meaningful or not.

I agree with Jim, AD1C here...

What I would really like to see is a rule in all contests requiring stations
to acknowledge the "information" they receive by re-transmitting it..AND
penalties for logging incorrect serial numbers   In voice contests, the vast
majority of stations say something like "qsl your 599 123 thanks qrz."    in
rtty contests however, all one gets back is "qsl tu qrz"     how the heck do
I know that you really did get my serial number correctly ???
b.t.w., it may take an extra half a second but in every contest I am in, I
always return the received serial number (or 'information' as the case may
be.)

John - vk4cej