[RTTY] NH6XM SOABLP effort

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NH6XM SOABLP effort
From: nh6xm@flex.com (nh6xm@flex.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:38:42 -1000
SCC RTTY Champions

Soapbox:Missed the begining of the contest because I was asleep at
2:00 a.m. local.;-)  Got up, turned on the rig, checked to see if
neighbors cut feed lines to antennas and read email. So, missed the
1st 11 hours of test. Was using only 80 watts for this one, still
waiting for bandswitch and capacitor from Yaesu for amp. After bands
came back, condx were great. However, ca. 90% of Q's were S&P mode.
One thing I noted during this contest was lots of ops using the "wkd b4"
key. Just a hint folks, work 'em even if they show as a dupe. With the
Cabrillo format for logs and the tools developed for checking these
logs, cross checking is very simple to do. And if you ain't in the log,
good-bye Q. Also noted many new callsigns.....welcome to the world of
rtty. Many thanks to those that worked me and to SCC for a fun
contest.

Call used: NH6XM

Entry Class: Single Op, Single Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  Years
80         0           0     0
40         1           3     1
20        44      131    32
15        13        37     9
10         5         15     5
Total     63     186    47

Claimed Score: 8742

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

Power Output: 80 watts
Rig: Ic-751A with big fan blowing over final heat sink
Antennas: A3S at 45', 80m 1/2 square at 90' on 40 & 80