[RTTY] ZL2BR SCC SOABLP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2BR SCC SOABLP
From: ditdah@infogen.net.nz (Frank Hunt)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:38:11 +1200
This is how it went down, down this way.

The SCC contest is a new one for me, so was not sure
whether to be serious or not. Anyway when came the
bewitching midnight hour, I listened and called, and called
and listened, and had amassed a total of four contacts in
the first hour. My S-meter hardly ever moved off the stop,
ho and hum I thought, this could be a slow one, my bed is
the place I should be.

0700 local, 1900utc, was restart time, and band condx and
activity still not much to get excited about. 10m was good
for a few VK, JA and US stations, but where was everybody?
Anyway between domestic and other chores and meals, I
plodded on. 0400-0600 utc was good for SP US and LP
Europe on 20m, but then in the very last hour 15m really
came alive, I had a pipeline to Europe on SP, and scoring
rate was probably best I have ever experienced in a RTTY
contest. Then suddenly someone bunged up the pipe, it
was midnight again!

But hey, interesting contest in so much as the type of multi
exchange has a location equalization factor.

Numbers and suchlike are:

Call: ZL2BR
Category: SOAB LP (100W)
Operating hours: 15