[RTTY] RTTY DXCC thanks

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC thanks
From: eu1sa@belsonet.net (Vladimir V. Sidorov)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:52:45 +0300
Hi all,

First of all, It was a great pleasure to get so many nice messages with
congratulations on my RTTY DXCC. Thanks a lot, I am so pleasantly impressed
by that. It's rather difficult even to list everybody who sent me the
messages, so thank you all once again!

Another thing. Some people considered my statement on the comparison of the
RTTY DXCC and 5B DXCC a bit too serious. It was a kind of joke, not more.
Kinda apples and oranges...

As for how complex it was to get the RTYY DXCC for me, it took about a year
to work 100 countries and 3 years (!) to get them confirmed! As per today
out of 180 countries worked only 117 are confirmed... In the meantime the
5BDXCC came almost authomatic. Having done some 42000 QSOs in 4 years (I've
changed my call-sign in 1997 and started everything from the beginning, the
previous 25 years were forgotten, just for a change) and trying not to miss
all major contests it was relatively easy. Obviously the confirmations on 80
m with much not so many countries is another challenge.

Thanks again and 73,

"Walt", EU1SA