[RTTY] Question about new rules in CQ/RJ-WW-RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question about new rules in CQ/RJ-WW-RTTY
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 10:42:08 -0500
Wil,

It is confusing.  I don't know what it means either, the Exception.  But here is
my direct interpretation reading word for word:

1 - From what I read, you may have a multiplier station, and during that "time
period" which I am reading as 0 through 59 minutes, that multiplier station can
work a station (one, and only one - it does that say stations, just station, as
one)
that is a multiplier.

Now here is what I think it's suppose to mean:

2 - You may have a multiplier station(s) and you may work multipliers ONLY on
that
station(s), but that multiplier station can only have 6 band changes per hour
(0-59)
and does not reflect the 6 band change limit for the "run" station.  Both the
"run"
station and the "multiplier" station have the 6 band change limit.

What you show below is OK from what I "think" the rule means.  What you show
is that both your run and multiplier station changed bands 5 times during the
0-59
minutes.

Perhaps Glenn or Eddie can clear this up.

73, Don AA5AU