[RTTY] Speechless

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Speechless
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:34:41 -0400 (EDT)
Hi people,
I'm in the UK right now, thankfully with cell phone and friends, but
had just recently discovered that the ARRL has little or no information
about digital traffic passing, which could be a useful capabilty in
certain emergencies.  THere's talk of a massive flu epidemic that is
going to come some day, with disruption of all sorts of services.
Maybe we should think about this.

I also don't anyone to go off half-cocked.  That could make things
even worse.  Much of the world has been experiencing terrorism for a
long time, and it's a shame it's our safe haven this time, and
particularly an incident of this magnitude.  Two of my friends had
close calls, and I flew SFO-IAD-LHR just 12 hours before.

73, doug