[RTTY] FR5ZU/T ??

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FR5ZU/T ??
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:56:37 -0500
I'm hearing spotty reports that FR5ZU/T is QRV on RTTY but I've
been looking for him with no look.  I was fortunate to work him back
in July of 1994 on RTTY.  What I remember most about it is that it
was well past his sunrise at 0345Z short path.  I then worked him again 5 years
later on SSB at nearly the exact same time at 0348Z.  Both were on
20 meters.  The same year, I worked FR5ZQ/T at 0344Z.  Last year
I worked FR/F6KDF/T many times, but two of the 20M QSO's were
at 0347Z & 0348Z.

I also worked FR/F6KDF/T on 20M RTTY at 1251Z which I believe
was long path.

Soooo... figure out his sunrise and be on 20M after his sunrise and
start watching for him if you are in NA.  If you don't catch him then,
look for him longpath after your sunrise.  I'm showing his sunrise to
be around 0207Z.

I don't know that this helps, but I found it unusual I made all these contact
within just a few minutes of each other in 3 separate years in 3 separate
parts of the sunspot cycle to the same rare country.

Good luck!

73, Don AA5AU