[RTTY] DXP38 vs MMTTY tuning faceoff

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] DXP38 vs MMTTY tuning faceoff
From: jcoleman@ebbtide.micro.uiuc.edu (Jim Coleman)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:25:56 -0500
I use Writelog with  DXP38 and use a spectrum analyzer program called GSpec

http://www.mrx.com.au/gspec_readme.htm

I make this into a small window under the RTTY window. It allows quick
tuning because of the double vertical line. It's also useful to find an
open space to CQ and when you need to tune up or down a little to get away
from someone stepping on you (you know who you are....). It's a nice
adjunct to the hardware set up I have. I have used the HAL delta tuning
without any trouble but in my shack it's not convenient to put the DXP38
near the computer screen where I can easily see both.

I'm sure there are other sound card spectrum analyzer programs out there.

73 de Jim, KA6A/K9USA