[RTTY] PK-232's

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] PK-232's
From: m.g.jacoby@lmco.com (Jacoby, M G)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:04:33 -0400
John,
Those connectors are manufactured by ITW Pancon, their Mas-Con series of
.100" IDC connectors. I was able to obtain a sample quantity of 5 connectors
and 5 snap-on covers from their web site. Some distributors stock them, too
-- e.g. Newark in packs of 500. http://www.itwpancon.com

They come in different versions for wire sizes AWG 28 through 24. For AWG 24
wire, the part numbers are CE100F24-5 and EC100F-5 for the "end" connector
and snap-on cover. You may also want the hand tool to punch down the
insulated wire into the connector -- I bought one from Newark, p/n MRT-100F.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am guessing that other .100 headers would mate
OK to the PK-232 and would be less of a hassle to work with. I bought a bag
of the AMPMODU single row housings and contacts from Digikey to try out.

   73, Mike  N3MA
   m.g.jacoby@lmco.com