[RTTY] RITTY under Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RITTY under Windows 2000 or Windows XP?
From: k3nc@earthlink.net (Neal Campbell and Sarah Ferrell)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:39:39 -0400
on 10/11/01 9:12 AM, Jim Reisert at jjreisert@alum.mit.edu wrote:

> - Has anyone run K6STI's RITTY program successfully under either Windows
> 2000 or Windows XP?
>
> - Has anyone used the WriteLog/RITTY combination under either of the above
> two operating systems?
>
> I am running Win98 in the shack, and will be upgrading hardware this
> weekend.  I have not been happy with the "stability" of Win98 (even with
> all the latest patches and fixes) and would prefer to use one of the
> NT-based operating systems which I have been using in the home office.
>
> I have downloaded MMTTY and will look at it, but would prefer to keep using
> RITTY.
>
> I sent Brian a message about this a couple of days ago, but have not heard
> back from him.
>
> Thanks - Jim AD1C
>

> --
> Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

I am pretty sure it will not run under XP  nor NT/2000. I can guarantee it
will not run under NT as I have tried it in the past. NT/2000?XP hides the
physical hardware from your programs and RITTY needs that level of access
(unless Brian has done some major changes in the past year or so!)

73
Neal

If you have used the address 'k3nc@earthling.net' or 'k3nc@earthlink.net'
please update your address book to reflect our new address. It is
k3nc@arrl.net.  Thanks!