[RTTY] Scoring the Sprint

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Scoring the Sprint
From: nh6xm@flex.com (nh6xm@flex.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:12:15 -1000
At 04:50 AM 10/15/01 +0100, Tom Osborne wrote:

>What contest did you all use in the Sprint?  I used the Internet
>Sprint, but I see the NA QSO party will work also.  I need to
>score this thing.  73
>Tom W7WHY

Hi Tom-
I also used the Internet Sprint to log during the contest. (WF1B v. 5.0)
It scored it ok for me except it didn't score multipliers.  Be aware that
if you use the NAQP template, it will score HI as a NA country whereas in
the Sprint HI is DX and not a state or NA country.

I'm having trouble figuring out the multipliers. The rules are vague. If
one litterally inturpets them, then every QSO I made is a multi as long as
it was a state, VE province, Maritime VE or NA country.

I'm sure this is not the case. But it still doesn't state if the multiplier
is valid for all bands or just 1st time worked.  Below is a copy of the
rule from the NCJ web site.

10. Scoring: Multiply total valid contacts by the sum of U.S. states,
Canadian Provinces and other North American Countries to get final score
(do not count USA and Canada as countries). KH6 is not counted as a State
and is not a North American country (but counts for QSO credit). The eight
Canadian multipliers are Maritime (VE1, VO1 and VO2), VE2 through VE7, and
Yukon-NWT (VY1 and VE8). Non-North American countries do not count as
multipliers, but do count for QSO credit for North American stations

Some clarification?

73, John NH6XM