[RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:58:41 +0200
Kok Chen wrote:
> Because of AGC and what nots, the first couple of characters
> are very prone to errors.
>
> 73
> Chen, AA6TY

That's one of the reasons, why I am sending two spaces in front
of every important message. To often some CQ-ing stations came
back to me with one of this three combinations:

KVN 599-99-99
DKVN 599-99-99
K3VN 599-99-99

and when I called again, then I have received one of this combination:

KVN 599-99-99 DK3VN    or   KVN DK3VN 599-99-99
DKVN 599-99-99 DK3VN   or   DKVN DK3VN 599-99-99
K3VN 599-99-99 DK3VN   or   K3VN DK3VN 599-99-99

Always they had my call correct, at the very first time!

BTW: Very often, when I am CQ-ing, I am sending my exchange with the
call of the calling station two times, before and after my exchange,
like:

  AA6TY 599-99-99 AA6TY

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--