[RTTY] Question for Rules Gurus

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question for Rules Gurus
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:27:44 -0800
On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 10:19:14 -0800, Kok Chen wrote:

>In CW, quite often often the running station just sends "QRZ" or
>his callsign.  Those are probably questionable.  The poor S&P guy
>has no idea if his exchange was properly copied or QSB took him
>completely out.

Excellent point.  When this happens to me, I decide based on signal
strength both ways.  If he is loud and clear and did not ask for a
repeat, I take it as acknowledged.  If it's been rough with several
repeats, I assume no contact and either call him again or give it up.

The "QRZ only" happens a lot in Sweepstakes, it seems.  Maybe because
it's US/Can only and sigs are good on the average.

Anyway, works for me.

73, Bill W7TI