[RTTY] W1ZT SARTG HNY 2002

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W1ZT SARTG HNY 2002
From: w1zt@mediaone.net (George Johnson)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 13:37:51 -0500
-+- SARTG New Years Day Contest -+- 2002
Sponsored by the Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group

CALL: W1ZT
Country: USA

Contest category: Single Op "all band"  Class A

   QSOs Points Multipliers
80m:  7       7      4               Inverted Vee @ 60 ft
40m: 39    39     19              Rotary Dipole @ 65 ft
Total: 46   46      23

Score:  1058
Station Description: Icom 756PRO + SB220  (300w)
Software:  WriteLog + RITTY

Happy New Year (and new contest season) to all.  No big score but I
wanted to get back into RTTY contesting to start the New Year.  Thanks
to all for the contacts and to SARTG for sponsoring the first event of
the year.  I was hoping to hear Europe at least for the first hour but
was pleasantly surprised to be able to copy some stations into the third
hour of the event.  Special thanks to all of you who kept trying 80m.  I
could only hear Serge, M0SDX, in Europe and Raj, VE6RAJ, and Raul, CO8ZZ
outside of the USA in North America.  80m was noisy here but RITTY still
pulled the signals out.

Several good signals on 40m (European daylight !!) that could not copy
me.  But it was fun trying to get their attention... :-)  Doug, W4OX and
Mike, K4GMH had tremendous signals on both bands and kept attracting me
to try to call CQ to see if I could be heard.

Happy New Year to all,
George .. W1ZT