[RTTY] W!ZT ARRL RTTY Roundup SOABHP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W!ZT ARRL RTTY Roundup SOABHP
From: nasfred@1bigred.com (Mike)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:24:35 -0500
The approach I use, which may be the more conventional, is to use AFSK and
when S&P to turn on Auto Tune RX and TX.  When running just have the RX
Auto Tune turned on and use the RIT to tune in the stations just outside
the passband of the filter/capture zone of RITTY (400Hz).  With this
approach, I've found the RIT isn't used during Run operation for over 95%
of the stations and on S&P the RIT isn't used as the Auto Tune puts the
transmit freq. on top of the received freq.  However, this could be the
reason George, W1ZT, and Bill, W7TI, always seem to beat me!

        73,
        Mike, K4GMH