[RTTY] AE5P RU SO LP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AE5P RU SO LP
From: acurtis@andersoft.com (Army Curtis)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:42:32 -0600
And another fun Round Up is gone. Everytime I play in these, I learn something
new (that's what a big part of the fun is). I was very interested to see how
the new antennas would play that I have worked so hard to get up this past
year. Well, these fancy new radios with the automatic antenna tuners can get
you in trouble. I thought I was using the new Mosley PRO67-C3 for everything on
40-10M, but when I was switching coax around to hookup the 80M sloper late
Saturday night, I discovered I had been using the sloper all day instead of the
beam.
;o(
The automatic antenna tuner had simply tuned as needed, and gave me no
indication I was on the wrong antenna. Kinda wondered why I wasn't hearing many
DX stations ;o)
Missed the big 3 on states, like so many others. Was very pleased with
conditions on 80, very quiet here and many stations to work. Overall, another
fun contest. Thanks to all for the Q's.

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: AE5P
Location:  TX

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80        52    52    33     0
40       166   165    46     6
20       156   155    48     9
15       157   157    40    21
10       114   114    32    25
--------------------------------------
Total    645   643    53*   35*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)

Claimed Score: 56584

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5

Power Output: 100

Club Participation: NARC