[RTTY] Finding a new multiplier in the RU

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Finding a new multiplier in the RU
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:26:30 -0500
At 10:03 AM 1/11/2002 -0600, Hill, Don wrote:

>I came right back and gave W1XYZ a report and asked him to correct my
>callsign, which he did.  He apologized for not changing the call in his
>entry window.  I realized that if he had UN6P in his entry window, then UN6P
>must be close by.

Depending on what W1XYZ did, he might have lost his own QSO with UN6P.  I
can envision 2 scenarios:

1.  He called UN6P a bunch of times, UN6P never came back, he then went
down the band looking for a new station to call (you, Don) but forgot to
wipe his entry window.

2.  Worse, he called UN6P and worked him, but forgot to hit the ENTER key
to log the QSO.  Then he tunes down the band, finds Don, clicks on Don's
call in the window, wiping out UN6P's call in his log, etc. etc.

The 1st scenario isn't a problem.  The 2nd is worse, and is something I
have done.  If you don't realize the mistake in time, you might wipe out
your QSO with UN6P.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Season's Greetings 2001/2002 - http://www.ad1c.com/2001/