[RTTY] Roundup log refused by ROBOT!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Roundup log refused by ROBOT!
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:16:42 -0800
Phil observed:
> Oh boy, this Cabrillo is a real pain for individual contesters, BUT - I do
> appreciate how much better it makes things for Eddie!

Cabrillo has actually made life mostly easier for me.

My guess is that it is less sloppy in what it needs, and for
someone who writes his own contest program, it is easy to
follow the dictates of a tightly defined set of requirements.

The suntax is simple.  All you need is the START-OF-LOG and
END-OF-LOG with lines of information in between them.  Each line
is pretagged with a type (e.g., SOAPBOX, NAME, QSO).

Moreover, there is no nit picking stuff I have to generate
anymore.

It figures out the score (you can even send in a CLAIMED-SCORE
of zero and it will do the right thing for you, there is no
longer need for filling in the rest period.

Neither do I have to generate a summary sheet or dupe sheet,
or the fine print which says you have followed the rules.

Just dump out the log and I am done!

By the way, Phil, I have never used CATEGORY-OVERLAY.  I have
always only used CATEGORY (SINGLE-OP ALL LOW in my case).

Perhaps Cabrillo should have gone one more step and used XML.
But, the current format seems to work fine for me.

73
Chen, AA6TY