[RTTY] WPX

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX
From: KS0M@ktis.net (Dick White)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:46:24 -0600
It was difficult for me to think I had to sit out another RTTY contest and
watch all of you having so much fun. The Paragon still has a problem that I
have not solved. I can not complete the first exchange of a QSO before the
rig heats up and shuts down.  A bunch of us have tried everything we know to
isolate the problem. It still exists and we are still looking. About 1400z I
was listening to all of you and decided to try and get on the air. I found
that if I lowered the power out to below 20 watts, I could complete a
contest exchange without the rig shuting down. So, I used 18 watts into my
amp and ran the contest. The only time it shut down was when I answered a CQ
and found he was not in the contest. By the time I told him about the
contest and gave him the RST/Name/QTH, the rig quit on me. I did S&P only to
keep my exchange short and rig cool. My thanks to George, W1ZT for his
comments about me being able to work the contest.
73....Dick  - KS0M

    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX CONTEST      9/10 February 2002
    Call used: KS0M
    Location:  MO
    Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low Power
    Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults
    80         0     0      -
    40         0     0      -
    20        69   130      -
    15        82   183      -
    10        83   197      -
    Total    234   510   164      Claimed Score: 83640

Richard C. "Dick" White           ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton, MO. 65251-2215