[RTTY] VE6RAJ WPX SOAB LP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VE6RAJ WPX SOAB LP
From: raj@logicresources.com (Raj)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:11:31 -0700
CALL: VX6RAJ
CLASS: SOAB 150 WATTS
Time On: About 20 hours

Band      QSOs  Points   Prfx

80m:       21    80         9
40m:       94   374        55
20m:      124   280        40
15m:      225   558       118
10m:      245   616       101
------------------------------
Totals:   709  1908       323

Claimed Score: 616284

Beat my previous best by 100K. Conditions poor on saturday and iffy on
Sunday. Still worked some good DX, met lots of old friends on the air
and had a good time. One of the best things I like about this contest
is the number of mults, and the fact that you are getting new mults
right up till the end of the contest. There were lots of JA stations
out and worked a few on 40 mtrs even.

Lots of hardware problems this time. First of all I bought a serial
cable that turned out bad. Couldn't get anything to work on the second
radio. Never had a moulded serial cable turn out bad, so it was the
last thing I suspected. Ended up having use another one (not bought)
and had to connect about 5 adapters/gender changers etc to get what I
needed. So I started 2 hours late. Sunday afternoon the FT-1000D
cooked. I think the fan quit, then shortly thereafter the rig quit. So
I have to grovel at my buddy Bob's feet and get it sorted out.

Nice to see Joe KB9SIZ, the head honcho at NRJ, playing in the contest
as well. If he keeps this up he will get an honorary membership in you
know what. Also saw lots of calls from days of old that I haven't seen
recently. Either my receiver is working again else nice to work you
all again. Thanks for all the contacts, and thanks to NRJ for a great
contest. See you all in the next one - probably with my trusty TS-830S
and full manual control.
73
Raj VE6RAJ