[RTTY] CQ/RJ WPX RTTY 2002 N1NB SOAB LP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ/RJ WPX RTTY 2002 N1NB SOAB LP
From: sholton@optonline.net (Steve Holton)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:11:33 -0500
2002 CQ WPX RTTY Contest
N1NB      SINGLE-OP ALL LOW RTTY

   Band   QSO   Pts Mult
    80M    36    98    8
    40M   134   528   77
    20M    96   208   59
    15M   123   277   49
    10M   197   503  111
  Total   586  1614  304

Claimed Score =     490656

FT100MP MkV  100watts
Two wires: Carolina Windom 80 @ 65' and Superloop 40 @ 70'
Writelog with MMTTY and DXP38 - dual receive
Operating time approx. 24 hours - though not completely full-time then

First time for me in this one - every other QSO a mult. !
Finally got dual receive working Friday morning - thanks to Don AA5AU for
very timely help. Seems that Writelog is quite happy to some things on COM
ports sharing IRQs, but very unhappy doing others - subject of a separate
posting for WL.

RTTY Contesting certainly getting more popular..... thought I'd get to 6
Meters before I stop seeing RTTY on 10M !! Well actually did see signals
above 28145.

For me some firsts/successes:   Worked some EU stations on 80 meters Sat
night. Had modest run of JAs late Sunday afternoon.  During about a 15
minute interval on 21M at dusk Saturday worked  5U8B, CN8KD, AH6OZ,
CE6/DM5TI, several JA's, oh and course Don AA5AU slipped in there as
well..... Thanks for being there!  Had a terrific run on 40M for about 30
minutes during in the last hour - gave me a real work out including 20 6
pointers - lot's of folks trying to pile up those 6 point QSOs.

Only 2 Dupes. One was probably a 3/4 way cross-talk - not enough call signs
in the exchanges guys! The second is a tad more foreboding for the other
chap. Guy calls me on Sunday morning on 10M. Say back worked before at
13xxZ. He comes back worked on 15M. So I work him again. Go scroll back and
look at "transcript" in Rttyrite window. Clearly worked him, but I hadn't
been on 15M yet that day - only 10M . Sounds like someone changed band on
rig and not in logger - who knows how many QSOs are busted in that log??

73
Steve Holton N1NB