[RTTY] W0ETC WPX RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W0ETC WPX RTTY
From: w0etc@ix.netcom.com (Larry Lindblom)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:13:04 -0000
2002      World-Wide RTTY WPX Contest
Sponsored by:  Hal Communications, Corp.

CALL: W0ETC                            LOCATION: IA
CLASS:      Single Operator    Multioperator
       High Power X       Single Transmitter
       Low Power (100W or less)         Multi-Transmitter
       QRP/p (5W or less).                  .
 Check one:
       All bands

Band  QSOs  QSO points Prefixes Score: Rest periods (Single Operator
160m:                          Stations Only)
80m:    52 118    6
40m:   92 276   36
20m:  303 610   94
15m:  432 1001  153
10m:  383 980  169
Totals: 1262 2985 458 1367130 Total:
Station Description: IC 775 & AL800H
Antenna(s): Stacked TH-7s at 123, 96, & 63 ft
4 square lazey V arrays on 40 & 80
Operators: Me
Remarks (Biggest thrill in contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):

I wanted to do than this but an Iowa location combined with an A index of 10
meant this was about the best I could do. I knew it wasn't going well when
the high TH-7 copied better than the others when 10 & 15 were wide open.  As
always 80 was too noisy for any EU QSOs from here. A TA3 calling me along
with getting 5U8B were the biggest thrills.  WriteLog performed 100% except
for the occasional operator error.

Club Competition: TCG

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my
transmitter within the limitations of my license and have
Call                         .

LARRY LINDBLOM, W0ETC
7051 SE 6th Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50327