[RTTY] Ritty and Notebooks

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Ritty and Notebooks
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:45:54 -0500
Usually the key is that it have a Creative Labs soundchip.

I used some old Winbook notebooks that I borrowed from a friend (N3OC) for
my P40MM operation last fall.

73, Ty K3MM

"Ron Lodewyck" <RLodewyck@csustan.edu>
Sent by: rtty-admin@contesting.com
02/26/2002 01:48 AM

        To:     <rtty@contesting.com>
        cc:     <dwood@cisco.com>, <w6xk@fire2wire.com>, <ronl@toto.csustan.edu>

I'm trying to find a notebook computer that will run Ritty (by K6STI) and
either Writelog or WF1B.

I know Ritty requires an ISA bus sound system, but it didn't work with a
Toshiba Portege 300CT which has a Yamaha OPL3-SAx chip on the ISA bus
(BLASTER=A220 I5 D1) and "Soundblaster Pro" compatibility.  It runs MMTTY
and Writelog's RittyRite AOK.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had success getting Ritty to
work on a notebook.  The exact model and configuration would be especially
helpful, but any clues would be welcome.  I will compile a list and post
the result for others who may be interested.

Thanks and 73,
Ron N6EE
aka NN6NN

BTW, Thanks everyone for all the Q's (1600) in WPX RTTY from NN6NN.