[RTTY] Parody Island LONG

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Parody Island LONG
From: k4ww@arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:00:52 -0500
DXPedetion Notice

April 1, 2002

With all of the talk about the Parody Island operation, and feeling "left
out", because of my "excessive" skills and possibly age discrimination, I
have decided to conduct my own operation, simultaneously, at the same time,
in conjunction with, on the same frequencies, using my "self-designed"
remote SO2R configuration! The callsign, nor the bands/modes, of my
 "greatly" anticipated operation will be disclosed until after the
operation, thus eliminating any possible "pirate" operation! I am
desperately searching for a microphone, so as to be able to do SSB. My CW
skills are not suited to this type of  having large pileups, so a CW key is
a high priority. I have designed and perfected this system that allowed me
to "not" work VP6DI, by not being able to remote into their entire station
setup, and inserting my own call into their, "unavailable online" logs. I
must admit, that my ego would "not" allow me to only place the call on one
band/mode, but all bands/modes. I feel very badly about placing my call in
the SSB log, but even worse about being the only 160 RTTY contact in their
log! This system is "almostforsuremaybe" perfected, and by using it I have
been able to place my call in current, but into all deleted entities, logs!
It will only be a matter time until I exceed the previous number, whatever
that is, to become #1 in all worked records! By using this remote system, I
will not require any funding and I will be able to operate from the comfort
of my own shack! I have no plan to answer any QSL requests, but will allow
those that are "not" able to confirm their contact, to print their own. The
means by which each contact may be confirmed will also "not" be disclosed
after the operation.if I don't forget! I will act as my own "pilot" station,
as that is another area that I am "extremely" qualified! Having spent 30
years in the airline industry (yep I'm the one that lost your luggage), and
spent many hours in the cockpits of  "parked at the gate" airplanes, I think
that you will agree that there could be none more "qualified"? Agree, or
not, It's my operation, and I will "do it my way"!
After careful consideration, I have decided that it will be appropriate to
award a "self-designed", beautifully handcrafted, certified authentic, KY
thoroughbred (that's a horse) "dropping" from a nearby horse farm! As
Lexington, KY is being challenged by Ocala, FL as being the "horse capital"
of the World, I will "not" use one of their "challenged" dropping's, but one
acquired locally! This award will go to the station that I select, remember
it's my operation, and can provide irrefutable evidence of "not" making
contact with my operation. That will be "almostforsuremaybe" impossible, as
with the aforementioned access to other station's logs, the callsign of this
operation will  mysteriously appear in logs worldwide! I am working closely
with the "K4WWRL" (yep my very own radio league) on the lack of
documentation that will "not" be required for this operation. I assure you
that the documentation will "not" be in place until some time after the
operation, requiring the traditional, "anxiously awaiting" no documentation
required for attaining Honor Roll status in the K4WWRL! This, no
documentation will  have to be submitted in a timely manner, as the ink
disappears after only 30 seconds, leaving no traceable evidence of the no
documentation!
I believe that I have bored y'all enough with the details, and now forward
with great anticipation of "not" working you, and "not" appearing in you
logs, operation, which I'm sure, once all the evidence has been seen, will
"not" rank as one of the most inefficient, least worked, and "not" in all
logs, operation in the history of amateur radio?
One last thing: Please do attempt to contact my operation, prior to, or
after the undisclosed date and time, as your futile attempts will be shown
in your UBN as NIL!

Disclaimer: Y'all just thought I was a "grouchy ole man"?   :)))))))))))))

C'Ya, Shelby