[RTTY] HH4/K4QD RTTY from Haiti

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] HH4/K4QD RTTY from Haiti
From: k4qd@cfl.rr.com (Jan Heise)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:40:23 -0500
RTTY List,
Those of you on the DX-NEWS list know that I will be operating from the
Northwest Haiti Christian Mission April 8-19.  I will be going as a
volunteer and will operate in any spare time available.  I originally
announced that I would be operating only CW and SSB.  This was due to
on-site equipment available and difficulty of taking additional equipment
with me.  I did not want to promise something I could not deliver.  The last
thing I want to do is suffer the "wrath of the RTTY list."

Here are the results of the unsolicited,  un-official survey of feedback as
a result of my original DX announcement.
RTTY:  28 requests to operate RTTY
160 M CW:  One request
CW and SSB requests any band: 2 requests

I am happy to announce I will be able to operate RTTY from Haiti.  Thanks to
Don-AF4Z and a couple of our local "Florida Boys" team, we were able to get
Writelog running with my laptop soundcard and successfully working with
equipment similar to the mission.  However, I cannot guarantee that I will
operate "only RTTY."  After all, Don-AA5AU and I have not finished
negotiating me joining the Parody Island DX team.

Best 73 and I hope to work you from Haiti (on all modes, but especially
RTTY).  Oh yes, like many people I know, I am still waiting for a HH2.. RTTY
card too.

Jan K4QD ( also VP8CRB, KG4QD and soon HH4/K4QD)  QSL CBA or via Buro