[RTTY] Longest Distance Digital QSO

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Longest Distance Digital QSO
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:51:45 +0000
Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> Just read an article on the USA Today website about NASA
> Scientists contacting the Pioneer 10 spacecraft on Friday 7.4
> billion miles from earth.  Wow!  That's twice the distance of
> Pluto.

Just saw that!  I wonder how many watts the Pioneer is running.
That would be quite a "miles per watt" award.  I saw somewhere
that the signal strength would be like receiving an FM station
from NYC here in Oregon.  Just think, the computers on that
spacecraft are probably like Commodore 64's compared to what we
have now.  73
Tom W7WHY