[RTTY] K4GMH SOAB SPDX RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] K4GMH SOAB SPDX RTTY Contest
From: nasfred@1bigred.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:23:20 -0400
K4GMH   SOAB

             QSOs       Pts     DX:     Provinces
Total:  540     4735    110     40

Continents:             6 (AS EU OC SA NA AF )
Total multipliers:      150
Score:          4261500

Station Description: IC-746, 4CX1600B Amp. (1200 Watts - homemade)

Antenna(s): TH7DX at 40 meters, TH6DXX at 20 meters (fixed on Europe), S402
at 43 meters, 80 meter inverted vee at 36 meters

Remarks: Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.  Also, thanks to
the Polish Radiovideography Club for your work before and, now, after the
contest.  The popularity of the contest seems to grow each year and it did
again this year.

Bands were not as good as they have been.  10 meters was disappointing
although my only African station was worked on 10.  Thunderstorms were in
the area on Saturday night (local time) making 80 meters very noisey.
Didn't succeed in working a couple of European stations heard on 80 meters.
 On 15 meters, the majority of stations were not as loud as they have been
in recent contests, but the number of stations on the band was very good.
Possibly the reduced 10 meters propagation help populate 15 meters.
Propagation on 15 meters at times was excellent.  20 meters seemed typical
until about 45 minutes before the end of the contest when another
thunderstorm moved into the area.

        73,
        Mike, K4GMH