[RTTY] My once-monthly allotted rebuttal to a stupid flame...

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] My once-monthly allotted rebuttal to a stupid flame...
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:13:29 -0400
"The only reason that they are pinned with it is that the SOMR guy's won't
get behind a seperate class."

This is just a little ridiculous.  Now you want to blame the SOMR guys for
the lack of an SO1R class creation??
SO is Single Op and that has always meant only 1 signal radiated at any
given time by only 1 unassisted operator during the contest period.
Nothing more and nothing less. This definition has existed for all modes
in all major contests for a long, long time.

If you dont like it, then go ahead and create a SO1R, SOLimited, or
whatever you want to call it, but it's not SOHP or SOLP and it's certainly
not up to those that like to use multiple radios to lobby FOR you or
encourage the destruction of the historically-consistent version of the
rules for the existing Single Operator classes that support multiple
radios.

"After all we don't have any difference in HP and LP
other than the operators admission that they complied with the rules."

I'm not even sure what this means or implies...

I was going to say some other things, but I erased them as I've already
blown my monthly quota for answering these silly posts...

Ty K3MM