[RTTY] My thoughts on the UBN's

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] My thoughts on the UBN's
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:37:33 +0100
Hi guys,

Well, I can see that this subject is going to get a hammering!

FWIW, this years' logs are over and done with, and there is little we can do
about that this year.

I agree with the consensus that if these stations SENT zone 17, then that is
what we should be marked against. Furthermore, I don't think those of us who
worked them should be penalised for this.
However, their correct zone DOES need to be established before ANYONE gets
disqualified!

I would be in favour of writing/emailing the sponsors of this contest, and
pointing out that we copied what was sent, and therefore losing points is a
might unfair!

I also agree with Barry re LW9EOC. If they submit a single band log, but
work other bands, then they should submit those other logs at leat as a
check log.

As for those we copied wrong, or just didn't fully complete the exchange,
then that IS our own fault!

Lastly, it is not the fault of that poor log-checker! Don't give Eddie a
hard time about your UBN's as I am sure that will result in Eddie spelling
out a few things to you, and you won't like them!

My thanks to Eddie for all his hard work, and for the extra explanations
here. It is no easy task, being a log checker, I am sure, and he is not to
blame.

Anyone have any sway with the powers-that-be at CQ??

73 to all, and see you (part-time) in Volta
Phil GU0SUP