[RTTY] My thoughts on the UBN's

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] My thoughts on the UBN's
From: George Johnson" <w1zt@arrl.net (George Johnson)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 21:09:27 -0400
All,
This sounds like an excellent topic for Dayton.  And since I missed the
contest entirely last year, my "UBN" has no deductions at all... :-))

But Eddie had mentioned a similar issue last year and suggested we open
the dialog with CQ and make some of the issues known to Glenn, W6OTC.
The RTTY contest rules are different than the corresponding CW and SSB
events for some very good reasons (I think RTTY works very well) but the
log checking process and practice could use clarification and
communication to the broader RTTY contest community.  I think Ty, K3MM,
said it quite well when he encouraged practices and rules to enhance
participation rather than limit or discourage participation.

If anyone has any specific recommendations for changes and/or
clarification of practices, this reflector is a good forum to bring
those items up.  In addition, I will volunteer to carry as many comments
as I can to Dayton to help formulate any suggested changes that would
improve the groups participation.

Shelby, this may require an additional "hour" outside of the "planned
event" ....   I know Don and Ty are planning an hour each for their own
presentations  :-))  At least I would like to know what to do with
another radio if I get it fixed...

George .. W1ZT