[WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards
From: nr1dx@arrl.net (Dave)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:09:01 +0000
All

I almost forgot
One of the interesting features of the latest Byterunner driver set I down
loaded was a program called oxclean.exe (be sure and read the readme file)
What this program did was totally clean any "residual" info about prior
installs of the card out of the registry. Kind of the equivalent to running
"uninstall" for software only this was hardware directed.
When you remove a card even though Windows no longer shows it in the device
list. it's registry entry remains. If you plug the card back into the same
slot you pulled it from I get the impression that Windows uses the old
registry info if it can rather than load new info.