[RTTY] NAQP RTTY IT9BLB

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY IT9BLB
From: it9blb@mail.infcom.it (G. La Parola, IT9BLB)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:04:53 +0200
            2002 North American QSO Party

Callsign         : IT9BLB
DXCC/Cont.       : I/EU
Category         : Single Op./All Band
Mode             : RTTY
Power            : LOW   100 Watt
Contest Date     : 20.07.2002
Default Exchange : 599
Operating Time   : 10:00 h
Software         : RCKRtty V2.16

Team : The Shaeferhunds ( hei guys, lovely word but what does it mean ?! )

BAND  QSOs  Valid QSOs  Points  DXCC  QTH
10       0        0         0     0     0
15      36       36        36     0    20
20     133      132       132     0    42
40      18       18        18     0    16
80       0        0         0     0     0
       187      186       186     0    78

Final Score: 186 * (0 + 78) = 14508

Equipment: FT1000-D
Antennas : 10/15M 3el. dual-band yagi @ 20mt
           20M 5el. monoband @ 21mt
           40/80M inv-Vees @ 21mt
Digital  : PC Thunderbird 900Mhz, 256Mb RAM,
           WIN98se, PK-232, RCKRtty V2.16 &
           MMTTY V1.61 in dual monitor configuration

My first time on NAQP. Propagation was a real pity and
the 100w rule conditioned the "only NA" traffic a lot.
Called several strong W stations on 40 and 80 without
any answer, at the end no 80meters QSO. 10meters were
a real black-hole.
Too many not-NA stations asking for a useless (for the
contest, of course) contact, I was compelled to set
a F-key answering that the QSO wasn't good for the
contest... :-(   I understand that it's a very
particular event for our NA friends but, from this
side, running the contest just as a secondary one it's
a real pain: contester's blood "boils" when it's needed to
apply the brakes !!

See you in next one.

Joe, IT9BLB/KF6FBC/9H3DC/IH9P

http://www.ih9p.com/