[RTTY] W7WHY CQ/RJ WW RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W7WHY CQ/RJ WW RTTY
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:18:41 +0100
CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: W7WHY
Location:  OR

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80         0     0     0     0     0
40        14    17    11     3     5
20        70   173    18    34    12
15        58   131    14    28    20
10       103   219    25    37    20
--------------------------------------
Total    245   540    68   102    57

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 122580

Radio 1  FT-840  w/MMTTY and WF1B RTTY 5.02
Radio 2  TS-430s AEA CP-1
Power Output: 75 watts

Tried SO2R for the first time.  The station worked pretty good
for the meager set-up I was using.  Made 67 contacts on the 2nd
radio.  Got into working the 2nd radio and probably violated a
bunch of band change rules :-) Oh well, I guess I'll be
re-classified as a single-op/multi-op entry this time.  Don't
care tho' cause I had fun learning how to do it.  Only got to
operate part time Saturday and about an hour Sunday.  Band
conditions were great, especially on 10 meters.  It was just as
easy to work stations with 75 watts as it is with the amp.  Think
I'll just leave it off from now on.  Fun to work all the
regulars!  Thanks to CQ and RTTY Journal for a fun contest.  73
Tom W7WHY