[RTTY] K4WW SOAB(A)HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] K4WW SOAB(A)HP
From: k4ww@arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 06:57:59 -0400
Another one in the log with what is becoming a far too familiar question:
"anyone else NOT work KY"!
High power was used on 20, 40 and 80, but most of operation on 10 and 15 was
above "100", requiring low power. Not a problem, as I found activity on 10
and 15 from "065-140" and 20, from "065-125". I find that operating above
"100" involves few frequency controversies, and in "high activity"
contest(s) there are plenty to work. I had no intention of even trying 48
hours, I'm really not quite as insane as I look, but "required rest,
domestic tranquility and grandfatherly duties" reduced my expected operating
time by about 6 hours. I exceeded my score from last year by 47 Q's and 78K
points, making it fun and successful! Thanks to CQ and NRJ for sponsoring
the contest, and all the award sponsors for their continued support, and to
all for the contacts! Without y'all, RTTY contesting would be like "watching
TV"!
One additional "comment" for my DX friends!  If you "NEED" my QSL card,
please send me an email request, rather than requesting through the bureau
system! Your card will be sent through the bureau! Without sounding
"arrogant", I have gotten to the point of "requesting direct those that I
still need"! I emphasize "NEED", as there is an increasing number of RTTY
contester(s) that "dump the entire log" into the bureau system! I suspect
that I will receive, just from this contest, approximently 600-800, "same
band/mode" requests that I have previously answered? I really have no desire
to change my QSL policy, "answer them as I receive them", but my annual,
"unnecessary", incoming QSL bureau receipts are becoming unmanageable!
C'Ya, Shelby

                   2002 CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:   51    65       28       7     8
   40:  151   313       38      42    18
   20:  285   707       32      61    21
   15:  329   884       25      57    20
   10:  259   686       20      66    20
Total: 1075  2655      143     233    87  Total Score = 1,229,265

Club: Kentucky Non-Contest Group