[RTTY] Re: TrueRTTY headaches

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: TrueRTTY headaches
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 23:27:10 EDT
I was finanlly up and running in CQWW with TrueRTTY last weekend but was
expereincing hot/cold results with the recieve. The best luck I had was on
15M with the RIT set at plus .50KHz and I worked several stations in a huge
pile up-  Then I had some luck on 10M with the RIT set -.50KHz.  Some
stations called me out of the blue and I was able to call a few stations with
firt time results for a Q-........................the downside is that I have
done something to kill my TrueRTTY receive decoding ability most of the time.
 The signal is there, but the decoding is not working at times and I can not
figure this out.  Moving my RIT up and down does not help .  I am running in
LSB, reverse mode, like I did when I was able to achieve my brief  runs in
CQWW, but now, all I can decode is a word here and there- Meanwhile, the
756pro's RTTY decoder is working fb with the rig set in "RTTY" mode.  -  But
I have to be LSB with the Rigblaster, and yes, I did figure out to set things
up for reverse, but it is acting like it did when I tired to receive in LSB
with the software set for normal mode.  Any one a TrueRTT expert>???

The receive software/hardware set up has a major read problem...can anyone
please suggest a possible cure-  Once in a while, I get lucky and can decode
a station, but it is getting more and more difficult-

Thx!!  73 Paul  N0AH
Carpenter, WY

multipart/alternative
  text/html