[RTTY] Thanks to BARTG (again)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks to BARTG (again)
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:34:56 -0500
I know that several have expressed their thanks to BARTG and the awards
they received for this year's BARTG Spring RTTY contest.

I would like to do the same.  I know several don't really care to see all these
E-mails passing through, but I think it's important that each of us that
received
awards express their appreciation to BARTG.  That is why I've copied John,
GW4SKA.  John is the contest manager of BARTG and has done an excellent
job with the contest.  Thanks John!

This week I received a very nice plate for 1st place Single Op Expert for this
year's BARTG Spring Contest.  It is the third such plate that I've received
from BARTG and I am very appreciative for receiving it.  I was actually very
surprised to see that I had won this contest and did not know until Scot, K9JY,
congratulated me after the results became public.  It was totally unexpected.  I
guess the big gun EU stations must have sat out this year for some reason.  This
contest is very hard to win from the USA.

BARTG is one of the oldest, if not the oldest, RTTY contests.  BARTG's
change of rules to incorporate an Expert class is unparalleled in RTTY
contesting.

They listened to the complaints of single radio operators and, in my opinion,
came up with the Expert class.  This does not necessarily separate single radio
operators from SO2R operators, but it does give single radio operators a chance
at NOT competing with SO2R stations that have achieved top scores in previous
years.

I am, in no way, trying to raise the single radio vs. SO2R debate again.  I am
only
wanting to recognize that BARTG has attempted to bring harmony among competitors
by having the Expert class.

Thank you BARTG for both the Sprint and Spring contests.  I, and many others,
enjoy competing in them.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog