[RTTY] A new computer

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] A new computer
From: wb0o@yahoo.com (BILL STRAW)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:01:18 -0800 (PST)
I need advice.
  I am occasionally minimally active on RTTY, mainly
because the shack computer is a 486 25 mhz. I have a
BayPac modem using HammCom shareware, and the
limitations to contesting are obvious! (Our family's
nice computer is in my wife's office). For business
reasons I think I will be buying a laptop soon. If
I want to use this in the shack for RTTY what do I
need to think about? All I need is a soundcard and
Writelog? Are laptops generally RF proof? I am an
appliance operator and an appliance computer user.

Thanks, Bill WB0O in North Dakota