[RTTY] RTTY and FT1000MP Mk V

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY and FT1000MP Mk V
From: Dirk Desloovere" <d.desloovere@skynet.be (Dirk Desloovere)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:56:16 +0100
Dear Martin,

I  am using also a mk V and rtty.
I have no such problems as you describes, I have 500 hz  (8.8) and 250hz
(455) in use.

The rig you have has narrow filters.  I suppose this filters are not in use
during FSK mode.  There is also a menu setting to do for to switch those
filters in.  I you have not done this the filters are not used in PKT or FSK
mode  (menu  5.4).
The explenation in the manual is not very clear. But on  www.va3cr.net
there is a software program called mpfilters  , you can download this little
program to see and eventually to switch filters in and out.

Happy new year and 73,

ON4ADZ.