[RTTY] RE: Should NCJ continue the RTTY Sprints?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: Should NCJ continue the RTTY Sprints?
From: W0YR@aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:05:48 EST
I agree with Phil, GU0SUP, the Sprints should be dropped.  So should contests
using the "MacroMode", PSK31.   In the first case, for many, the rules are
just too danged complicated, however, I applaud those guys who thought up the
rules.  They are back at their jobs writing the IRS tax code.

In my humble opinion, contesting needs more contests that are short, easy to
understand, easy to score and that could take advantage of computing power to
provide results quickly.

Still, I very much appreciate all the work that went  (goes) into putting on
ANY contest, and I thank the Sprint organizers.

Mike
W0YR