[RTTY] Software for BARTG Sprint contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Software for BARTG Sprint contest
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:41:08 -0500
> I know I will be branded as wrongheaded in this matter but I have found a
> very large number of casual contest operators who have finally said,
"screw
> it, life is too short for this."

I disagree.  Cabrillo makes it EASIER to submit than ever before.  One file,
no dupe sheet, no separate band sheets, easier for logcheckers.  One reason
that noone wants to be the contest manager for the Sprints is because there
is no module that will generate a Cabrillo and thus allow certain log
checking software to aid the checking process.  I can't imagine checking 40
logs manually as in the sprints, much less the hundreds submitted for the
BARTG.  Warning?  How long has ARRL required Cabrillo?  It's been coming for
a year or 2 at least - I think that's plenty of warning.  Many contesters
complain when a contest DOESN'T support Cabrillo - sure easier to submit
that 1 log than generating and submitting a bunch of separate files.

Have to purchase?  Nope.  The N1MM contest logger has Cabrillo support.  I
guess I don't understand your complaint.  73