[RTTY] Re Cabrillo files

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re Cabrillo files
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:38:28 -0500
> > I agree with you completely.  Casual entrants simply are NOT going to
spend
> > hours poring over a log, opening editing programs to move or move
columns of
> > 599 reports just to satisfy punctilious log checkers.

Would you please be real specific here?  I don't think I've ever submitted a
log for a contest that took more than 5 minutes to prepare, and if the
contest supported Cabrillo, it only took a few seconds!  And I didn't ever
NOT submit because the process was too tedious.

Would you please tell us which contests you've considered submitting to that
required "hours of poring over a log"?  Regarding "punctilious log
checkers", do you have any idea what's involved with checking logs for a
major contest?  Thanks in advance for any clarifications.